We are currently undergoing changes to our website to make it more user friendly. Please use the search box or contact staff if you have any difficulties finding information.
School Board Trustees play a key leadership role in setting the strategic direction of our local school board and in making sure there is local accountability for student success and well-being.
On Monday, October 22nd, residents of Stratford will vote for two trustees to be their voices within the Avon Maitland District School Board for the next four years. The Stratford Public Library Board is hosting a ‘Meet the Candidates’ open house and discussion to find out where our school trustee candidates stand on matters of concern to our community and our children. Panel discussion will be moderated by Geoff Williams, former Library Board Chair and former Director of Education with the AMDSB.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Why do you want to become a school board trustee? What experience do you bring?
- What are your thoughts on the use of social media in the classroom and in schools?
- What are your top priorities?
- What is the biggest challenge faced by our schools over the next decade?
- Can you give examples of successful programs currently offered by the Avon Maitland District School Board? Are there other programs you would like changed or added?
Ask these questions and many more by attending a ‘Meet the Candidates’ open house and discussion on Sunday, October 14. Doors open at 2pm, the panel discussion will begin at 2:15pm. The SPL auditorium is fully accessible.
For those unable to attend, we will be providing a live feed of the discussion on the library's Facebook page.