Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA)
Formally known as CNIB, CELA partners with local libraries to provide access to accessible formats to patrons with print disabilities.
- Audio, e-text, Braille & other formats (including Daisy)
- Material for all ages & interests
- Summer Reading Club for children
- Accessible online services – read or do research on the web
- Access to a Daisy Reader
For more information: celalibrary.ca
“DAISY” Audio Book Adult Collection
Enhanced, unabridged recorded books, known as DAISY audio books are now available at SPL. DAISY books can be loaned to any person who has trouble reading print because of a visual, physical, or learning disability. Browse the collection in the library or online in the catalogue. The Library also has a limited number of special DAISY audio players for loan.
The CELA collection and audio readers are also available through the Home Library Service, which offers individualized delivery of library materials to eligible persons in their place of residence. Speak to membership staff about eligibility specifics.
Accessing CELA Services
The entire 230,000 item CELA Library is available to any Stratford Public Library member (including children & teens) who has trouble reading print because of a disability.
To register for CELA services you need:
- A valid Stratford Public Library card (about 10 minutes)
- Request to be registered for CELA services
- All cardholders must complete the CELA registration process with library staff in-person or by phone (about 45 minutes)