SPL now offers library customers aged 16 and older the option to checkout a Chromebook for in-library use! To complement the increase of wireless usage at SPL, we also now provide wireless printing.
- Chromebooks are lightweight and easy to use
- They boot-up in seconds
- Chromebooks require almost no setup and very little maintenance; the devices update themselves
- You can connect to the Library’s WiFi
- They enable customers to log into their Google accounts to access their own photos, music, videos, documents with Google Drive and Google Docs
- Chromebooks are secure and protect against viruses and malware without additional software
Borrowing a Chromebook
- Customers may borrow one Chromebook at a time
- Customers must be 16 years of age or older, have a Library card that is in good standing as well as valid government issued photo ID
- The borrowing period is four hours and must be used in the library
- The late fee is $1 per hour, to a maximum of $25
- There is a $400 charge for a lost device and $25 processing fee
- The checkout receipt will include the time when the device is due back
Borrowers are required to have a Library card in good standing as well as a valid government issued photo ID such as driver’s license, passport, age of majority card, or citizenship card. The photo ID must be left at the information desk in a secure location for the duration of the Chromebook loan.
- Use the library's mobile print service
- Save to a thumbdrive and print at our colour copier
Cost per copy:
- black and white - $0.10
- colour - $0.75
- For double-sided printing, double the price.
This project has been made possible with funding provided by the Government of Ontario.