Computer Use During COVID-19
As part of our reopening plan, starting August 17, you can reserve a computer or a wifi spot in the library.
How to make a Computer or Wifi Reservation
Library members can book computer sessions for up 1 hour 45 minutes each day. Three computers with internet access and Microsoft Office software are available for 1 hour 45 minutes and one station is available for a 15 minute express booking.
For those with their own tablet or laptop, one of eight wifi spot may be reserved for 1 hour 45 minutes. Chromebooks are also available to be borrowed.
You may print, photocopy or use a scanner if available during your session.
You must have a library card from a PCIN library to book a computer. No library card? Get one today! Computer use is limited to those who are 13 years of age or older.
What you need to know before you arrive
We have enhanced health and safety measures in place. Things to know:
- Take the COVID-19 self-assessment test. If you have symptoms or may have been exposed to COVID-19, please stay at home and do not visit the library.
- Keep a distance of 6 feet (2 metres) from others whenever possible.
- We will have hand santiizer available for you to use.
- Bring your own headphones. We will sanitize workstations between bookings.
- All customers and visitors entering the library are requested to wear a mask or face covering.
- Staff are available to assist although it will be limited until the library is fully open.
- Computer workstations have dividers and are separated as much as possible. Only one person is allowed at each computer. A child may be accompanied by a caregiver from the same household while they use the workstation. There are no computers available for those under the age of 13 at this time.
- You will have a maximum of 1 hour 45 minutes to use the computer. Wifi bookings have 1 hour 45 minutes. This is to ensure more people can access this service and allow time for staff to sanitize workstations between bookings.
- While you’re in the library, your use of library space will be limited to the workstation that you have reserved and the printing, scanning and photocopying area. One public washroom will be available for use. For your safety and the safety of others, other areas of the library will be closed off and only accessible to staff.