Bringing the library to you
What is the Home Library Service?
Home Library Service is a no charge service that delivers library resources to persons who are unable to visit the library for reasons of:
- recovery after surgery or prolonged illness
It is also a service made possible, in large part, courtesy of volunteers of the Stratford Public Library.
How does the service work?
- we meet with you to identify and record your preferences for the types of library materials you would most enjoy
- we select materials according to your preferences and deliver them to you in your home
- standard 3-week loan period applies, with some exceptions
- volunteers are assigned to manage both the delivery and pick up of loaned library materials
What resources are available to me?
- books, available in:
- large print
- regular print
- audio compact disc (CD): regular CD, MP3-formatted CD, CNIB / CELA formatted CD
- movies (DVD)
- music (CD)