VOLUNTEERING……What’s in it for you?
- review volunteer opportunities
- ask for a Volunteer Information Package, which includes the application, at the main circulation desk at the Library, or,
- download and complete the Volunteer Application form and email it or drop it off, to the attention of Kate Schillings
- Questions? Contact Kate Schillings, Manager of Volunteer Services at 519-271-0220, ext. 122, or by email email@example.com
You’re expected to volunteer……so why not make the most of it?
Did you know that volunteering…
- can be fun
- is a great way to connect with other people
- can be an easy way to:
- start learning some job-related skills
- to start exploring some career paths that might interest you
- looks great on a resumé
- helps you to be more aware of what’s going on in your community, and of the people in it
So, what do you think you want to get out of volunteering? Spend some time thinking about it…for example:
- do you want to work with:
- other youth/teens
- persons with special needs
- could you volunteer at a place where you could “try on” a possible career
- do you want to work outside (sports, gardening, summer camps, etc.) or inside (library, community organization, art gallery, office, etc.)
If you think you’d like to do some of your volunteering at the library, check out our Volunteer Services page to:
- learn what volunteers do here
- download the application & checklist
But, wherever you are going to apply to volunteer, don’t leave it to the last minute……volunteer openings aren’t always available on demand.
Current Opportunity: Tech Tutors
We are currently accepting applications from tech comfortable students, adults and seniors who would be interested in volunteering to provide in-library support on a variety of frequently asked questions library customers have on a variety of devices (laptops, tablets, and e-readers).
A completed Volunteer Application form, and a Tech Assessment survey are both required.
Training will be provided.
Shifts available during day, evening, and weekend hours.
Complete the application package (see links on this page), and then contact Kate right away at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-271-0220 ext. 122.