- Our Public Service Librarians are always ready to create BiblioCommons lists to support your curricula. For example, if you need good fiction reads by First Nations authors appropriate for grade 6 students, we can build you a menu of suggestions in BiblioCommons that we then share via email. If you have a request, please give a couple of days notice for them to pull together the best resources for you. Another option is to have the Public Service Librarians set aside a stack of books on a specific subject for you to go through or take home. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for these services.
- Our Online Catalogue is available anytime (from anywhere!) to find and reserve materials in several formats (books, CDs, DVDs and more!)
- Bilingual resources for learners of all ages
- Free online access from the Library, school, home or anywhere with an internet connection to a wide variety of Research Databases which provide countless full text articles from reputable and reliable journals, newspapers and magazines. All that is needed is a valid SPL Library card (unless accessing from inside Library).
- Digital magazines are available through Zinio for Libraries and ebooks are available through Overdrive - both can be used via mobile apps or computers
- Homework Help on the Kids and Teen pages of our website contains links to databases and websites that will assist them in finding the information they need.
We invite you to bring your class to the library so students can become aware of and familiar with the library space, our services, staff and the resources we offer. Let us show your students what SPL can do for them. We´ll guide them through our website, programs and services for children, and resources for school work. We will provide a tour of the library and allow time for browsing and borrowing.
To provide your class with Library Cards (if some students do not already have one) please download registration forms. Forms must be submitted to the Library at least 4 working days before the class visit to ensure that they are prepared in time.
* We require at least two weeks notice to plan a class visit.
Need something a bit different? We can always customize a visit to support your current project or class focus to meet the needs of you and your students. Give us a call today!
SPL staff will gladly visit your school on a PA day to provide demonstrations on library resources (databases, catalogue, downloadable ebooks and audiobooks).
Have you tried using Educators 200? It's an online tool that searches over 250 titles covering the latest technologies, developments, instruction and coaching breakthroughs. Perfect for educating future teachers and administrators.
If you have any questions about these services or to book your library visit, contact the library at 519-271-0220 or email@example.com