Science Literacy Week - September 17-23
Science Literacy Week is a week-long celebration of science in Canada. Science Literacy Week highlights Canada’s outstanding scientists and science communicators from coast-to-coast. The goals are to showcase the excellence and diversity of Canadian science and to show how exciting science is. For one week in September, libraries, universities, museums and other partners put on a spectacular nationwide festival of science.
The Lower Floor will have activities throughout the space for you to experience SUPER science!
- Explore the wonders of nature with a mysterious nature display
- Get magnetized at the magnetic creation station
- See the world in a whole new way at the magnifying booth
Visit the MakerSpace during Open Lab hours to make a 3D print, explore the mechanics of button making, test out circuits, and program robots.
Open Lab Hours:
- Test out science experiments on the main floor
- Check out our science-focused reading and viewing displays
- Take home a Maker Kit, featuring Raspberry Pi, Arduino, and Snap Circuits
- Visit science and technology databases to help with your research
- Stream sci-fi flicks and science documentaries on Kanopy