IF WE DON'T HAVE IT - WE WILL TRY TO GET IT FOR YOU
Submit an ILLO Request
Fill out this form to submit an InterLibrary Loan Request
Please limit to 2 open requests per week.
Interlibrary Loan will obtain books, articles, audiobooks, and microfilm (see below), not owned by or missing from the Stratford Public Library and PCIN collections. DVDs, VHS tapes and music CDs are not available for interlibrary loan.
All library materials requested on interlibrary loan are subject to the availability and interlibrary loan policies of the lending libraries. Borrowers need a valid SPL library card to make an interlibrary loan request. For more details ask at the library.
A few notes regarding ILLO:
- Check the library catalogue first. If we do not have the item you would like, submit an Interlibrary Loan Form or ask staff to assist you in processing your request
- Books and audiobooks may be requested
- SPL cardholders may request up to 2 Interlibrary Loans each week, and must do so from their home library
- Interlibrary loans take from 1 – 6 weeks to arrive; Archival material may take longer
- ILLO requests for physical material will only be made to Canadian libraries
- We will contact you once your item(s) have arrived or if your request cannot be filled. Interlibrary loans must be picked up within 14 days
The following items may NOT be requested for interlibrary loan:
- Anything in our library catalogue
- Items published in within the past 24 months
- DVDs and VHS tapes and music CDs
- Entire issues of periodicals
- Physical items from American or international libraries
- We do accept requests for microfilm and microfiche. Fill out the Microfilm / Microfiche request form to submit a request.
- To check for archival microfilm from the Archives of Ontario, access the Microfilm Interloan Service section of their website.
- If possible, please include the microfilm reference code (GS1, GS2, MS, B), along with the reel number and a brief description of the item (i.e. vital statistics, court records etc.).
- Newspaper microfilm requests should specify newspaper name and date (year and month).
- Requests must be for a specific title. Please supply the original title or author.
Magazine / Journal Articles
- We require the title, date, issue, and page numbers to order photocopies of articles.
- Requests for renewal must be made at least 5 days before the due date and are granted subject to the approval of the lending library.
For more information, contact the Interlibrary Loans staff at 519-271-0220 x130 or send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.