SPL Temporarily Closed as a COVID-19 Precaution
Following the decision to close public schools, and in the interest of supporting the ongoing efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19 to our community and beyond, the SPL Board unanimously agreed to suspend Library services as of 6pm on Friday March 13th.
The Library will remain closed until further notice.
Key notes for patrons:
- This closure includes all physical services including book lending, programs, and reference services.
- The book drop will not be available; SPL requests that all patrons keep the materials they currently have until the Library reopens.
- Loan periods have been extended until early April and there will be no late fees during this period.
- Online reservations of physical materials have been disabled
- Requested items on the hold shelf will not expire
- Library cards will not expire during this closure, allowing access to digital collections
- Digital collections are available for use through the Library’s website, including:
We continue to closely coordinate with the City of Stratford and Huron Perth Public Health. We will update the SPL website and social media platforms as information is available.