How do I become a volunteer?
- Ask for a Volunteer Information Package, which includes the application, at the main floor information desk at the Library, or,
- Download the Volunteer Application and email or drop it off to the attention of Kate Schillings
- Questions? Contact Kate Schillings, Manager of Volunteer Services directly at 519-271-0220, ext. 122, or email@example.com
Summer Opportunities for Teens
- Summer Maker Crew - Help create, design and host our MakerCon Rise of the Fandom event in August. Only 10 spots available. Applications are due June 18, 2021. [more details; apply here]
- Chefs in Residence Crew - Love to cook, create your own recipes, and love Fandom? Be part of our Chefs in Residence Crew this summer, and see your recipe get published. Only 10 spots available. Applications are due June 18, 2021. [more details; Volunteer Application, Chef in Residence Application]
- Writers in Residence Crew - Are you an aspiring writer? Do you enjoy journaling, writing stories, poetry or essays? Would you like to see something of yours published? Be part of our Writers in Residence Crew this summer. Only 10 spots available. Applications are due June 18, 2021. [more details; Volunteer Application, Writers in Residence Application]
- Crafting for a Cause - We are offering a fun new teen opportunity that blends volunteering with meeting some of the essential needs of the community in which you live. An opportunity that allows you to jump in and take on some fun, bite-size projects where you can not only earn volunteer hours but feel good about making a difference in your community. [more details; apply here]
Have you been thinking about volunteering?
Share your time and talents with the Stratford Public Library in one or more of our rewarding volunteer assignments.
We have assignments in a variety of areas, with a variety of time commitments. Applications are accepted anytime and held for one year pending openings, so it’s always good to get yours in the mix.
Volunteer assignments at the library include:
- library collection maintenance, including:
- book mending
- audio/video collection maintenance
- custodial support, including:
- sorting/distributing recyclable materials
- technology support, including:
- Tech Tutor Service
Programming Event support (weekly or episodic):
- Children’s Programming:
- Reading Buddies (4 eight week sessions per year)
- Summer Programs (July/August): at the library and select locations around Stratford
- Teen Programming, for example:
- Crafting for a Cause
- Adult Programming, for example:
- Let’s Do It Sessions
- Makerspace Programming, for example:
- Open Lab
Library Outreach Services:
- Visiting Library Service:
- delivering library materials to patrons who cannot access the library in person
Orientation and training will ensure that your volunteer experience is productive, enjoyable, and rewarding. Some positions require Background Checks, the cost of which will be reimbursed to you.
How do I get started?
- ask for a Volunteer Information Package, which includes the application, at the main circulation desk at the Library; or
- click to download the Volunteer Application, and drop it off/send it to the attention of Kate Schillings
- questions? Contact Kate Schillings at 271-0220, ext. 122, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org